Grievances about SFCEFT should be made with the CE Program Director handling continuing education for SFCEFT at Alliant International University. When a participant, either orally or in written format, files a grievance or expects action on the complaint, the following actions will be taken.
- If the complaint concerns a speaker, the content presented by the speaker, or the style of presentation, the individual filing the complaint will be asked to put his/her comments in written format. The CE Program Director at Alliant International University will then pass on the comments to the speaker, assuring the confidentiality of the grieved individual.
- If the complaint concerns a SFCEFT workshop offering, its content, level of presentation, or the facilities in which the workshop was offered, the CE Program Director at Alliant International University will mediate and will be the final arbitrator. If the participant requests action during a workshop or conference, the CE Program Director or his/her representative will:
- 2a. Attempt to move the participant to another presentation or
- 2b. Provide a credit for a subsequent presentation, in the event of a program having an attendance fee or
- 2c. Provide a partial or full refund of the registration fee, in the event of a program having an attendance fee.
Actions 2b and 2c will require a written note, documenting the grievance, for record keeping purposes. The note does not need to be signed by the aggrieved individual.
- If the grievance concerns the business practices of the Alliant International University CE program in a specific regard, the CE Program Director or Administrator will attempt to arbitrate.